Monday, June 29, 2009

Happiness

I've been feeling kind of down the last couple of weeks. I feel like my dreams are never going to become a reality and I've just been feeling really disappointed with life. I hate when I get like this. I hate feeling sorry for myself. So instead of whining about what is making me sad, I'm going to try to focus on what makes me happy. Here's a few things that make me love life.

-The fact that my dog smiles. She actually smiles. The corners of her mouth turn up into a genuine smile.

-Hearing a siren and being reminded of my brave hubby who runs into burning buildings when everyone else is running out.

-Working out. I actually hate this, but I love how I feel afterwards. Accomplished and rejuvenated.

-Sleeping in

-Cuddle time with Nate and Harley

-A cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream.

-Seeing a rainbow on a rainy day.

-A good book.

-"Good morning" belly rubs for Harley

-Hugs from my students, especially unexpected ones from those students who seem like I'm not quite connecting with.


1 comment:

AnieCooper said...

Sorry your still sad :( Glad to see you are trying to turn it around...I promise things will start to come together. I just wish I knew when! Love u Laura!