
When I first heard about the death of Michael Jackson, my emotions were that of shock and disbelief. I wasn't sad, in fact, I was a little amused. The guy turned into such a weirdo and I haven't been a fan of his for years. But then today, as I sit here and watch all his videos from years past, I realize what an amzing artist he was and what a huge impact he had on my life and childhood. It's as if a piece of my childhood has died. Watching these videos reminds me of when I was little, when I came home from school as a latch key kid, and MTV was my babysitter. Back when MTV actually played videos, Michael Jackson videos ruled the airwaves. I was a huge Michael Jackson fan when I was little. I wore a silver glove and a red jacket like the one he wore in his "Bad" video. Man, I wish I still had those! So even though he turned out to be a freak and possible child molester, there is no denying that he was the king of pop an he will be missed by millions. Thankfully all his best music and videos will live on forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment