Nate and I go to the fair for one thing and one thing only! The food! On Tuesday, we decided to hit it up since it's the last week and we hadn't gone yet. I look forward to the fair each year. It's a symbol of summer to me. A lot of people are anti-fair. Yes, it brings out the freaks and everything is waaaay over priced. But I still love the food! Nate and I rode our bikes which was super convenient. It was quicker than if we had driven, parked and walked to the front gate. The bike racks are right in front. I don't know why we never did that before.
First, we had one of our favorites: BBQd corn! Mmmm so good. We were disappointed though because the place where we bought it didn't have our favorite seasoning. We had to settle with chili powder.

Next was the giant turkey leg. Another favorite. I feel like a caveman when I eat it.
A first for us this year was the Aussie Battered Potatoes. A couple people have raved about these so we just had to try em. I was not impressed. I will not get them again. All I tasted was fried batter and no potatoes. Blah. I thought I was going to have a heart attack right then and there.

For dessert, we had funnel cake (of course) and a fried banana (another first). A good way to end the artery-clogging meal.
4 comments:
oh yum! I want that corn right now please!
Not sure what is so "Aussie" about those battered potatoes. Never seen anything like that in Australia! :)
Well at least you enjoyed the fair food :) I was so nauseous everything smelled horrible :( The only thing that was good was the funnel cake ;) Glad you had a good time!!!
Cash is so sad that the fair is over now, everytime we go to target he yells out "fair!!!" Next year you guys have to find the mexican funnel cake, it's so much better than the normal one, it's tottally a huge churro!!!!
Post a Comment