Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy, Busy!

I've been so busy the last few days. My social calendar was full this past weekend. I tend to feel a little overwhelmed and anxious when I have a lot of social commitments. Most days I sit around my apartment and waste away life watching TV and playing on the internet. Not so these last few days. It started on Friday. In the morning my brother and his fiancee tied the knot at the Laguna Hills Civic Center. They wanted to get married on 8-8-08 (Chinese good luck) so they had a last minute wedding. After the short, but sweet ceremony we had lunch at BJ's! Friday night, I went to the Faint concert in LA with Genevieve. It was ok. This was the 4th time seeing them, and to tell you the truth I'm over going to shows. I just don't enjoy the standing around, the pushing, the lame people, etc. Saturday morning Nate was in his first Triathlon! He did great. It was at Camp Pendleton. Nate's dad, Nate's dad's foster kid, Harley and myself were there to cheer him on! I was so proud of him when he crossed the finish line. Saturday night we attended a coworkers 50th surprise birthday party that was 70s themed! Then on Sunday, I attended another coworkes meet n greet for her new baby girl, Kenadee where I won some candy playing a fun game. Then I met up with my friend Christine and her daughter Ava who are visiting from North carolina. It was so great to see both of them! Ava is so big! We went to the Spectrum where we did some shopping, eating, train and carousel riding. Good times. Later that night, Nate and I went to Avalon to watch our friends' band play. On Monday, Nate and I finally made it to the Wild Animal Park. It was hot and we did a ton of walking, but we saw some cool animals. I liked the baby elephants and meerkats! Enjoy the pics of my crazy weekend.

1 comment:

AnieCooper said...

Wow I'm exhausted after reading everything you did...and I already knew what you were doing haha!

Love all the pics :) Ava has changed so much since the last pic I saw of her...such a pretty girl!