I'm trying to check off some of the items on my 101 list this summer. One of the tasks is to try 10 new restaurants and blog the reviews. So far, I have only been to 3. They are: Zen Sushi in Costa Mesa, Mario's in Newport Beach, and Maggiano's in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa (not sure exactly which city the one we went to is in).
Zen Sushi
Located in Triangle Square, Nate and I drive by this establishment several times a week. We've always wanted to try it and we finally did! I'm not a big fan of sushi, but I love crunchy rolls, so basically this is what I judge all sushi restaurants on. Theirs was ok. Not great, but good. We went on a Friday night and it was surprisingly dead. That was kind of a bummer. Prices were on the high side, which is unfortunate. I asked Nate what he thought (he loves sushi) and he said it was really good, but expensive. So that about sums it up.
Mario's
I went to this little Italian restaurant with Genevieve for lunch. Man do they have great lunch deals. A ton of food for a little cash. Love it! It was good food too! I had spaghetti and a salad with the best tasting dressing. I will definitely go back!
Maggiano's
Another restaurant that I've always wanted to try, but never got around to it. This is located outside of South Coast Plaza, next to Corner Bakery (one of my faves!) Nate and I went on our anniversary. Another Italian eatery, this one on the higher end of the pay scale. My dish was delish!! I had the beef medallians with a balsamic cream sauce and garlic mashed potatoes, topped with fried onion strings. For dessert, we had the best Tiramisu I have ever had. The service wasn't very good, but I can forgive bad service since I am not always the best server :) Oh, I also had the best pomegranate martini too! Will definitely be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment