Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Debbie Downer

I quit! I quit Christmas. And I effing hate CVS! I made our xmas cards there with their one hour service. They have a bunch of templates to choose from. I browsed the designs going back and forth through them all and finally picked one out. A cute blue background with a snowman on it. AH cute, right? I took my time sizing and cropping the pic, editing and positioning the text. Finally, I finished, went back the next day and picked them up. Almost $30 for 30 cards! Kinda pricey, but whatever. I go through my list of all the deserving people who shall receive cards from us. I get all the ones for my coworkers ready first and take them to work the next day (this was yesterday). I realize that I won't have enough for all the other people I need to send to, so I go back to CVS, make 20 more, using a different template this time. I come home, finish addressing the rest of the envelopes, and do a side by side comparison of the two different cards. WHat's this? What's this up in the corner of my cute snowman card? Happy Holidays 2007! 2007?!? WTF?!?! Yeah, I picked a card from the dozen or so to choose from that had fucking 2007 written on it!!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!! Luckily I had not mailed any out yet, BUT I did give them to my coworkers. I feel like the biggest jackass right now. So tonight I got to rip open all the envelopes, readdress them and restuff with the new cards that don't even have a date on them. Why the hell does CVS still have a 2007 template to choose from? I guess it's my fault for not paying close enough attention, but do they really need to have a year old card as one of their choices? I think not! So if some of you get the 2007 card with a Sharpied in 2008, please forgive me. Because of course, I ran out again. And I sure as hell am not going back for more!! $50 in xmas cards is enough for me, thank you very much. I'm going to bed. Wake me when it's 2009.

No comments: