Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Hills

I have issues with this show. I guess you could call it a love-hate relationship. It just really drives me crazy how much of a phenomenon it has become. The "actors" have become so famous and their faces are everywhere. They are on covers of all the magazines, guests on talk shows, have their own fashion lines, etc. They went from ordinary to famous practically overnight. It's just not fair. I guess you could say I'm jealous. These people don't deserve to be famous. And the fact that they come from rich, privileged lives already, makes it even worse! I remember watching the first episode of Laguna Beach and laughing at it. I couldn't believe that they were making a show following rich kids around with cameras, simply hanging out at locations where I've hung out! Little did I know that it would turn into something so huge. I've been watching the reruns of The Hills for the last couple hours. I have to admit that I do get hooked. It's like a car accident. You just have to look. And make fun. I was extremely disappointed when my favorite band, Alkaline Trio, appeared on an episode. I was doubly disappointed when Lauren and Lo completely dissed them and left their recording session to get sushi. Lame. What I wouldn't give to watch Alkaline Trio record an album! I lost a little bit of respect for AT when I saw them on the show. What a shame.

No comments: